Home > culture, dating, fun, health, humor, Life, love, Man Law, Man Law #6, musings, Relationships, Women > Man Law #6 – Sending FLOWERS is the Kiss of Death at the beginning of the courtship process.

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to Yahoo BuzzAdd to Newsvine

Despite what you’ve seen in the movies of this tactic winning over the Captain of the Cheerleading Squad, it does NOT work in real life. In fact, everything you’ve seen in the movies regarding romance as a man you should disregard! Nothing turns a woman off faster than hearing your panzee ass tell her how you feel!

Megan_Fox_Flower

He was doing well until he gave her the flower...

Now, Flowers are perfectly alright and a GOOD IDEA once you have officially entered a relationship, however, PRIOR to this event happening, you need not think that flowers will get you anywhere and be prepared for quite the OPPOSITE reaction of what you intended in the first place. Exception: Women will tell you everywhere, that the “random” gift of flowers is much better than on a holiday such as valentine’s day…However, this should also be noted that only once you are in a relationship (i.e. she tells her friends that you are her boyfriend, and you tell your friends that she is your girlfriend) should the idea of flowers even be considered.

Addendum: If you have been caught by absolute love sickness, the only way to deliver flowers is in PERSON.

About these ads
  1. DJ Long
    August 26, 2009 at 4:07 pm

also, if you do choose to go the flowers route, make sure it isn’t your standard red rose. at the early stages of any courtship or relationship, do a lil research into her birth month, fav flower, or know what different flowers, especially colors(roses), mean different things. also, be culturally aware, as you wouldn’t want to give death flowers to the girl you met a week ago…

2. August 27, 2009 at 4:25 am

Thats pretty good…although the “death” flower would REALLY, REALLY throw her off…She can’t possibly expect a guy to honestly know what color to get her…

3. October 28, 2010 at 7:06 am

Nope. Disagree. There is no better feeling than receiving flowers at work from Mr. Admirer. If he’s gone to the effort of finding my work address and ordering me flowers than he’s clearly worth my time.

Mind you on the flip side of the coin, if I told you already that I’m not interested, don’t send my flowers. They will go straight into the bin and your number will be deleted from my phone.

• October 28, 2010 at 3:59 pm

City Girl, INTERESTINGLY enough, when this Man Law was originally posted to a private group of friends, more non-American women disagreed with this one than American. Many American women felt that flowers too soon in the relationship was a bad idea. Maybe this is more a cultural Law.

“It’s a War Out There Gentlemen, and the Women are Winning!”

*Phone: *(646) 504-5439 *E-Mail:* ethanbishop@unbreakablemanlaws.com *Blog:* http://www.unbreakablemanlaws.com *Facebook: *http://www.facebook.com/unbreakablemanlaws http://www.unbreakablemanlaws.com *Twitter: *@TheUnbreakables

4. Sarah
    August 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Flower law – too general. A long term partner In my past gave me flowers on the second date which coincidentally hapened to be valentines day. I did not misread what it meant. What I understood was that he was a man with an appreciation for female sensibilities and for the feminine species – most women love flowers. Throughout our relationship this man made it a habit to give me flowers. I think I was exceptionally lucky as he gave them to me at least once a month for no particular reason the entire time we were together. Yes I was born in Europe but I do not think this is a Europe specific thing. American women loves this too. Its is perhaps a more old fashioned gentlemanly gesture that many women of all nationalities do appreciate and I would say most will not misread. Giving flowers even early on is a compliment to our femininity and a display of a man who is comfortable with his tender and thoughtful side and is comfortable with making romantic gestures and just plain out sophisticated and knowledeable on being an old fashioned hentleman..thats a real plus and something women still love. Some men find romanttic gestures awkward..not their fault but societal mis messages they can be given. Its unfortunate that that particular female did understand your gesture for what it was..not a declaration of forever love but just good old fashioned genetlemanliness and romance. I dont know whats happened to the dating scene today but it seems people spend so much time trying to play it cool or afraid of sending the wrong message or even preferring someone who keeps them guessing too much because we dont want to be too vulnerable but those very things can impede love and romance. I just dont get it..I consider myself extremely lucky in that my past long term partner went on to make giving me flowers a habit..probably once a month at least for no specific reason, the entire time we were together. Thats rare. If a woman has a man who does the flower thing on more occasions that obligation calls for she is very lucky indeed.

5. Karen
    January 14, 2013 at 6:02 am

I man I chatted to online brought me flowers on our first date. I was really pleased to receive them, especially as he had matched them to my colour scheme ( we had been talking about our houses on line).I’d feel uncomfortable with red roses but other than that I’m very happy if a man brings me flowers – any time ; any place.
    I’m British – i don’t know if that is relevant

6. September 23, 2014 at 1:31 am

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all folks
    you really understand what you are speaking about! Bookmarked.
    Please also seek advice from my website =).
    We will have a link alternate agreement among us

7. September 30, 2014 at 4:30 am

Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing the other person’s website link on your page at suitable place and
    other person will also do same in support of you.

1. January 30, 2010 at 8:38 pm